Friday, June 9, 2017

FREDDIE WINNING FITNESS BATTLE.

Freddie Lindgren admitted “I am still not exactly 100 percent but I am not far off” as he returns to action for the Mitas Czech SGP.

Swedish star Freddie Lindgren admitted “I am still not exactly 100 percent but I am not far off” as he returns to action for the Mitas Czech SGP on Saturday.
The Orebro-born ace hasn’t taken to the track since scoring five points in the Rietumu Bank Latvian SGP as he nurses knee ligament damage suffered in an SGB Premiership fixture at Wolverhampton on May 22.

My physiotherapist has given me a great thumbs up. I am still not exactly 100 percent but I am not far off now. Let's go racing!!!

Freddie Lindgren
Lindgren, who is just a point off the World Championship lead in third, admitted the Daugavpils meeting came too soon for him. But he’s delighted with the outcome of some intense physio as he bids to overhaul frontrunner Patryk Dudek at the Marketa Stadium.
Posting on Facebook, he said: “Since battling through the pain with my injured knee at the last SGP in Latvia, I have now had almost two weeks of intense rehabilitation training to be able to come back to racing in the best possible condition as fast as possible.
“It has been a tough battle, it has been hard at times, but I have been fighting every day doing my exercises with great help from professional people around me.
“Yesterday I met up with my physiotherapist yet again at the Swedish Elite Sports Complex in Bosön, Stockholm, to do some final tests with my knee before this weekend’s SGP, checking and measuring my strength and mobility.
“We were very satisfied with the outcome of these tests. My physiotherapist has given me a great thumbs up. I am still not exactly 100 percent but I am not far off now. Let's go racing!!!”

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5749/freddie-winning-fitness-battle