Friday, June 9, 2017

WOFFY: PRAGUE WINS IN THE PAST.

Triple Prague winner Tai Woffinden insists he will forget about the past when he goes racing in the Mitas Czech SGP on Saturday.

Triple Prague winner Tai Woffinden insists he will forget about the past when he goes racing in the Mitas Czech SGP on Saturday.
The Great Britain star, who has two world titles under his belt, heads to the Czech capital eight points off series leader Patryk Dudek with three of the 12 rounds gone.

I’m pretty happy with the way things are going. I’ve had some good meetings in Poland and Sweden over the last few days and I’m feeling good on the bike.

Tai Woffinden
It’s a track with fond memories for Woffy, who won there in three successive years – 2013, 2014 and 2015.But he says it’s time to focus on now and past glories at the Marketa Stadium count for little when he lines up on Saturday night.

“It doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past, it’s all about the present,” he said. “I didn’t make the final last year so my last SGP there wasn’t so good. That’s why I’m just concentrating on now.
“I’m pretty happy with the way things are going. I’ve had some good meetings in Poland and Sweden over the last few days and I’m feeling good on the bike.
“I’m eight points off top spot. Some negative people were saying how I slipped down the standings after Latvia last time. Yes, I went from fifth to eighth but I also closed the gap on the leader from 12 to eight! So I’m pretty positive about things and I’m sure I’ll go there feeling pretty positive.”
Woffinden scored 12 paid 13 points for Wroclaw in their narrow defeat at Zielona Gora on Friday and notched the same for Masarna on Tuesday as they won 47-43 at Smederna.
“Those leagues are so hard so for me to be scoring consistently I’m pretty pleased with that,” he said. “You only have to look at some of the other top guys and they are inconsistent at times. That’s because of the strength of the leagues.”
Woffinden has also revealed how he is working hard on a new house he’s just moved into.
“I’m really working hard at it, right up until 11pm when I’m not racing, in the gym or workshop,” he said. “The house needs a lot of work doing on it and I’m doing as much of it myself as I possibly can.”

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5748/woffy-prague-wins-in-the